Sunday, June 24, 2012

Keeping a Weather Eye

While friends and family along the Florida Gulf Coast wait to see where Tropical Storm Debby is headed, other friends in Colorado wait and watch as wildfires destroy the areas they know as home.  My heart goes out to those in the path of fires as well as those who are going through the all-too-familiar hurricane preparation drill. 

Having lived in Soutwest Florida for more than 30 years, I am no stranger to the anticipation of fires and tropical storms.  I am also no stranger to the worry-factor that comes with living in those areas as well as that which comes from knowing others are dealing with the very thing I've left behind.  It was, in part being weather-weary that caused me to seriously consider getting out of Florida's hurricane alley.

Tonight I am keeping a weather eye out... and praying [and worrying] for my friends and family in Florida and my friends in the Colorado Springs area of Colorado.  Most days I am "liking" facebook posts made by those who live in these two areas.  Mother Nature gives them a wide sweeping pallet for their photo-art.  But today, I can't like the photos I'm seeing... I can only send my prayers and keep a mindful weather-eye pealed for any needs that might arise.

Stay safe my friends and family members!  And please do join me in keeping a weather eye -- so that you can remain safe in the path of Mother Nature's fickle ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment