Wednesday, May 25, 2011

First Time For Everything ...

It's true  - there's a first time for everything....  It took nearly six decades but the time has finally come for me to experience my first cavity and filling...  If the dentists in my life had to depend on me to eat, they'd starve!  For the past 58 years, I've been blessed with very healthy teeth requiring only regular cleanings.  I don't know how or why I've been so fortunate.  My parents do not have such a dental history nor do my children.  But, I have been blessed.  However, on a recent routine visit, a cavity between two teeth (not on a chewing surface) was found.

 So, this morning I broke my long-standing record... and had a cavity filled.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it might be.  But, it isn't how I'd choose to spend a day off either.   Blogging about a cavity might seem a strange entry but for me, it is a first.... and so, even with a cavity I must find a way to make the most of the day.....    So now I can say, "been there, done that... no need to repeat any time soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment