Friday, May 13, 2011

FRIGGATRISKAIDEKAPHOBIA

Friggastrickaidekaphobia... paraskevidekatriaphobia... FEAR OF FRIDAY THE 13th

Today is Friday the 13th which sends shivers of dread up and down the spine of some.  For some, it is so severe that it nearly paralyzes them.  Hence the term friggastrickaidekaphobia - Frigga is the name of the Norse goddess for whom "Friday" is named.  Triskaidekaphobia means fear of the number thirteen.  So, there you have it, friggastrikaidekaphobia!

 Do you suffer from it?  If you do, take heart!  This year, there is only ONE Friday the 13th.  Some years have as many as THREE!  The next one is not until January 2012. 

I am not particularly superstitious therefore I don't freak out when a Friday the 13th rolls around.  In fact, since I don't expect all those bad things to happen just because it is a Friday and it is the 13th of the month, I usually find at least one reason to be glad for the day...

Tonight, I am glad that on this Friday the 13th, Blogger is back up and running!  So for me, Friday the 13th has been a stellar day!  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment