Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Roasted New Potatoes, Lemon & Dill

It's spring harvest time in many places.  Local farmers' markets are stocked with all sorts of locally grown vegetables.  I love this time of year - so many simple yet delicious and nutritious dishes made even more appetizing by the fact that they are the freshest of the fresh.  Sometimes, they're so fresh they were just brought in from our own gardens!  Although I'm not able to have my own garden, I do love to support the local farmers' market vendors and partake of their many offerings.


Here's a recipe that is quite simple ... and even better, it's beyond delicious!  It arrived in my In Box from "Real Simple" and I just had to try it... I'm so glad I did!  I think that you'll be glad you did as well.

 

Roasted New Potatoes with Lemon & Dill

Ingredients

  • 2 pounds new potatoes, halved
  • 1 lemon, thinly sliced
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • kosher salt and black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons fresh dill, coarsely chopped 

Directions

  1. Heat oven to 450° F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the potatoes and lemon with the oil, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
  2. Roast, tossing once, until tender, 25 to 35 minutes. Toss with the dill just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment