Sunday, November 13, 2011

When there's only one day off...

So... what's a gal to do when there's only one day off and so many things she wants to do ???
Well, I suppose that depends on what day of the week that day off is.  Today, Sunday, was my day off sandwiched in between several work days before and after. 

My intentions were to get up early, go to Sunday School and church and then see how my day unfolded.  But, I slept right through the alarm.  So much for going to Sunday School!  But I did make it to church.  Afterwards, as has become my habit, I took myself and my Kindle to lunch.  The Kindle makes a great lunch or dinner date !

I managed to squeeze a few errands and chores into the mix and then head back to church for the 6 p.m. service.  I love the smaller gathering in the chapel, the "old" hymns I grew up singing and the intimate nature of the evening service. 

And now, it's time to get uniforms ready for the next few work days.  I keep telling myself that I'm going to take one of my days off to just lounge and read or write.  But, there always seem to be so many things that I want to do -- things that make being a lounge lizard impossible.  I guess that's why my muse and I make the most of every day -- all those things I want to do and only so many hours in between work shifts!

1 comment:

  1. I'm right there with you! There are so many things I want to do on my days off and there never seems to be enough time to do them all!

    ReplyDelete