Thursday, April 7, 2011

I Didn't Do It!

Today, I didn't do it!  You heard me, I didn't do it!  "It" is housework - and I didn't do it -because today was "No Housework Day."  And it felt wonderful!

I had the whole day off -- There was supposed to be a meeting at work from 4-6 this evening but it was cancelled.  So, my day consisted of re-arranging my livingroom (and no, that was NOT housework) after my new recliner and sofa were delivered, going to lunch with a friend, and reading. 

It was a great day off.  Even if it hadn't been declared "No Housework Day" I may well have avoided it because I've learned that every once in a while a woman's gotta just say no to housework and relax!  It took me alot of years to learn that lesson.  My home may not always be spotless.  The laundry may occasionally pile up.  And even though there is a place for everything, everything may not always be in its place...But I am much more content than when I believed that I needed to spend every "day off" being "Suzy-homemaker" or feel guilty if I wasn't "Suzy."

I vote for regular "No Housework Days"... Anyone else??

No comments:

Post a Comment