Sunday, April 3, 2011

Spitball Day????





Today is "Spitball Day"...
That's right... spitball day! Who thinks of these things anyway?





 Well... no matter.. I wouldn't even take time to mention that tidbit EXCEPT for the fact that the I found this really interesting little bit of trivia related to it: In 1959, The Coasters had a hit record titled "Charlie Brown." Because the lyrics included a reference to a "spitball" it was BANNED in England!


While I remember The Coasters - and the song "Charlie Brown" - I couldn't for the life of me remember the spitball reference. So.... off to trusty Youtube to verify the information. Yes indeedy! There it is! Plain as day! The dreaded spitball reference that banned "Charlie Brown" from being played on the air in England. See (hear) for yourself!  YouTube - The Coasters - Charlie Brown  

No comments:

Post a Comment