Thursday, February 17, 2011

It's a Good Tired

I'm absolutely exhausted.  But, it's a GOOD TIRED! 
Last night, I couldn't get to sleep because I was so excited about going to work on the oncology unit. 

I have just finished my first shift in my return to oncology nursing.  It felt so good to be there.  Oncologists, staff members ... even the oncology unit volunteers all made me feel so very welcome there.  It was a totally uplifting and freeing day! 

The people I worked with on the other unit were great!  I have made some very good friends who will remain good friends whether I work on their unit or not.  But the oncology unit is an entirely different world - it is MY world.  It is where I belong.  I've known that for a long time... and at last everything has come together.  Like a butterfly that has emerged from its cocoon and been given permission to take flight, I have stepped out of the confines of a workplace that does not nourish my soul and into one that does that while allowing me to care for my patients.

Tomorrow is another day -- another work day -- on the oncology unit that is now my "work home."
Tomorrow is another day to really feel like I am making a difference in the lives of others.

3 comments:

  1. You are where you belong! Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're happy! Is this now a permanent home - no more temp work? You can actually stay settled there? Happy stability is such a lovely thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, Dani - this is VERY stable and permanent! No more contracts, no more moving around -- it's all about "nesting" now! I really am a nester at heart!

    ReplyDelete