Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Rest of the RAK Challenges

Well, it's the end of the Random Act of Kindness Extreme Challenge Week.  As promised, I am back to share what the last four random acts of kindness were....

1.  Bring a treat to work...  just ask any of my co-workers and they'll tell you that they are regularly the beneficiaries of my love for cooking (for more than one)!  So, this one was an ongoing "doing what comes naturally" sort of thing for me.

2.  Carpool or pay someone's fare... hmmmm now here I find my own personal stumbling block.  I live two blocks from work - so I walk!  There is no carpooling or public transportation fares or toll booths to deal with.  Guess I'll have to see what I might do in place of this one from here on out... Any ideas? 

3.  Donate to a cause - donate goods, money, time, talent..... Here's another that comes very naturally to me... How about you?  What church or civic causes do you support with your time and talents? 

4.  Show kindness to your neighbor.  The site commented on the fact that in this day and age there are many people who don't even know their own neighbors... Are you one of those?  Or do you see the neighbor only in passing on rare occasions?  Or, are you one of the fortunate ones who has a neighbor you see often and enjoy spending time with?  No matter what, the challenge is to do something nice for your neighbor whether they are your best friend or worst nightmare! 

 How many of them come naturally to you?  How many would be a real challenge to you?  What might you do instead of what's proposed.... Are there other things you can think of that would constitute random acts of kindness?  Do share!

1 comment:

  1. Not today - so crabby! It was that damnable computer virus and having to deal with other random acts of unkindness. Bleh! Big fail for me.

    ReplyDelete