Friday, February 11, 2011

Let's Do Lunch!

I've had some very pleasant days off in the past few weeks.  But today has been the most pleasant of all since the new year!  Why, you wonder?  Because I had a delightful lunch with four very dear friends.  

While it is true that I savor my quiet time alone, it is also true that I love to spend time with good friends.  Recent days off have been for reading and writing and relaxing.  Today was for connecting with friends - which is just a different way to relax.  

At noon, the five of us met at a quiet, little, locally owned and operated restaurant.  It's a very inviting, cozy place where you can sit and visit without being hurried.  It's the perfect place for a few friends to spend part of the afternoon enjoying good food and the company of one another. 

Of the five of us, I am the only one who still works full time but the other four are equally busy with various volunteer, community, family and church commitments.  That being said, it is always a challenge to come up with a day that suits everyone's schedule.  It was especially sweet that we were all able to be together today

I look forward to another such day -- hopefully in the not-too-distant future!   


I cannot even imagine where I would be today were it not for
    that handful of friends who have given me a heart full of joy.
    Let's face it, friends make life a lot more fun.   
                                                                         - Charles R. Swindoll 

No comments:

Post a Comment