Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Easy Mardi Gras Recipe

Dear and Faithful Blog Followers...
Last night while attempting to post an easy Mardi Gras recipe for you, Blogger and I encountered a few problems!  So, if you received a 'teaser' in the form of an image like the one to the left and the promise of a recipe I apologize...

To be perfectly honest, I don't know what the problem was but I wrote the blog, previewed it and when I was satisfied with it I hit the "publish post" key... and voila!  Ooops... no voila!  Only a portion of the post appeared.  I re-did it four - count 'em - four times and every time I tried to publish...same incomplete results. 

So, let's try this again.  And even though you didn't get the recipe in time to try it for Mardi Gras, I'd wager a guess that even those of you who are giving up something edible for Lent won't find this to be on your forbidden list!



Slow Cooker Easy Red Bean and Vegetable Soup

Ingredients:
3 large sweet red peppers
3 celery ribs, chopped
2 medium onions, chopped
4 (16 oz) cans dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
4 cups chicken broth
2 bay leaves
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce

Directions:
Combine beans and vegetables in 5-quart slow cooker.  Add rest of ingredients and stir.  Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until all vegetables are tender.  Discard bay leaf before serving.

This is a yummy and healthy soup.  And with only 5 minutes prep time and 6 hours in the slow cooker ... well, what more could you ask for, right? !

No comments:

Post a Comment