Sunday, March 27, 2011

It's Not Just For Kids!

Yesterday, in addition to our visit to Parrot Mountain, Caleb and I went to see "Diary of a Wimpy Kid:  Roderick Rules."  This is the second "Wimpy Kid" movie -- based on the second of five "Wimpy Kid" books by Jeff Kinney.  It is probably one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time.  And, while the content is kid-appropriate, it is also adult-appropriate.  I laughed until the tears rolled down my cheeks on more than one occasion.   It's difficult for me to say who enjoyed it more:  me or Caleb!

Everyone who ever was a kid can relate to at least one or two -- and probably more -- of the situations Greg ("Wimpy Kid") gets himself into.  In other words, it's for everyone!  Everyone who was ever an older sibling can relate to some of the antics of big brother, Roderick.  Everyone who was ever a younger sibling will see a bit of him or herself in Greg from time to time.  And, anyone who has raised children will definitely relate to the joys and frustrations of the boys' parents.





If laughter is the best medicine - and I believe that it is -- then, I think everyone should be required to see this movie at least once!  It'll be good for what ails you!

No comments:

Post a Comment