Tuesday, March 15, 2011

It's "Nap Day" !




Yep!  That's right, today is "Nap Day."  I'd like to tell you that I'm going to observe it with a nice long nap but alas, I have to work so there will be no afternoon siesta for me today!   







one of Caleb's favorite books as a toddler
 When Caleb was too young to not nap but too old to go down without any resistance, I used nap time as yet one more opportunity to read to him -- All in the hopes that he'd fall asleep while I was reading, thus napping.  All too often, I'd be the one to fall asleep in the middle of a book.  Sometimes he napped, sometimes he didn't but always we would snuggle up with the book and a blanket and make a memorable naptime ritual out of the afternoon's activities. 






I used to not like to nap much.  I'd always feel useless for the rest of the day - foggy and out of sorts.  Unless I was able to put the hammock up between two trees, grab a good book and a glass of iced tea... and then, you could count on this gal snoozing in amazing calm!  Nothing better than a gentle breeze and the birds singing to lull you to sleep!






How about you?  Any thoughts about napping?  Are you going to be able to indulge in one today to mark the day:  Nap Day ?

No comments:

Post a Comment