Saturday, March 5, 2011

Rain, Rain....

I know that we need the rain.  And, I'm not complaining about the fact that it rained today... I'm just going on record as saying ...

It rained on our parade today - Caleb's and my parade, that is...  Literally, we had to regroup and make new plans because of the weather.  But, gray clouds and rain couldn't dampen the spirit of one lovable ten year old and his "Nan".

We had our day all planned out, but when we got up this morning and saw that the weather wasn't going to cooperate, we just got to work making a new plan -- and saving today's original outing for some other day.

Good thing Caleb is a lot like me when it comes to being fairly easy-going and flexible.  Otherwise, it might have made for a really miserable day for both of us. 

But Caleb and I manage to always make the best of - and get the most out of  - our time together.  That's a lesson we've learned along the way because we know how precious that time together is. 

I'd like to report that we did something unique, something exciting, something new.... but, alas!  With rain and wind to foil our outdoor plans, we headed to the book store (Caleb shares his Nan's love of books and reading) and then to a matinee.  Nothing novel or festive - just good wholesome time together sharing life no matter what storm clouds tried to rain on our parade!

No comments:

Post a Comment