Thursday, March 3, 2011

National Optimism Month

op·ti·mism   –noun
1. a disposition or tendency to look on the more favorable side of events or conditions and to expect the most favorable outcome.
2. the belief that good ultimately predominates over evil in the world.
3. the belief that goodness pervades reality.
4. the doctrine that the existing world is the best of all possible worlds.


I'm an eternal optimist!  How about you?  Are you an optimist or a pessimist?  Since this is "National Optimism Month,"  it's a good time to try to bring a bit of optimism to everyone - every chance I get... So, for starters, here are a few quotes and images to bring some peaceful moments for reflection... and positive thinking.... Enjoy!




The optimist sees the rose and not its thorns; the pessimist stares at the thorns, oblivious of the rose.   ~Kahil Gibran










No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new heaven to the human spirit.    ~  Helen Keller









“I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.”        ~  Jimmy Dean

  





An optimist is the human personification of spring. 
 ~Susan J. Bissonette



2 comments:

  1. We're birds of a feather! Oh, wait... I should say that one post down. LOL.

    ReplyDelete