Wednesday, January 19, 2011

2011 = The Year of Ms Muse!

Ms Muse has finally re-awakened!  It's been a very long time since I've felt she has been totally engaged or even half-way engaging!  She was asleep on the job so to speak for much of 2010... But it looks as if 2011 is HER year!

Perhaps it was the fact that I've had seven glorious days off -- days to allow myself to be still and listen... listen to my heart, listen to my soul, listen to Ms Muse.  Originally when my plans to travel to Pennsylvania on these days off were derailed due to the weather I was miffed.  But, now I rejoice in the fact that I've had this time to be a free-spirited homebody.  I've done what I want, when I want for the last seven days.  And the results of this freedom?

At first I noticed that I was more productive in the writing aspect of my life.  Ideas flow more freely and the fingers have been on the keyboard more than they have in a long while.  Then today, while prepping the ingredients for some homemade soup, Ms Muse was in overdrive... Her ideas were running through my head while I chopped and diced vegetables, measured and stirred ingredients, and cleaned up the mess that comes with cooking from scratch.  And all the while, my heart was at peace, my spirit content. 

Cooking is just as much a creative endeavor for me as knitting, sewing, quilting and writing.  Today, with Ms Muse by my side, I was reminded just how important it is to do ALL that nourishes my soul - including washing dishes and stirring the [soup] pot!

No comments:

Post a Comment