Sunday, January 30, 2011

Nan's Kids Check In With Report Cards

This was the weekend to celebrate five of my seven grandchildren's accomplishments.  One-by-one they checked in either personally or through parents to share their most recent report cards.  They all did well.  And I am very proud of each of them.

I delight in sharing their grades.  I also remember the days when I was their age.  Just like them, I loved to share my report cards with my "Gramm and Popo" - my names for grandmother and grandfather Anderson.  Always aiming to please, and finding school (from elementary all the way to high school) rather easy - I took great pride in letting them see the grades I'd earned.  Their responses were perhaps more important to me than those of my parents.  I'm not sure I can explain why that is, but that's the way it was. 


And now, I see that same behavior in my grandchildren.
It's a pleasure to return the warm fuzzies my own Gramm and Popo shared all those years ago.  Way to go Caleb, Alysa, KelseyRose, Matthew and Rhiannon!  Keep up the good work.  (And Jesse and Chloe, your time is coming all too fast - soon you'll be sharing grades with Nan as well!)

1 comment: