Saturday, January 15, 2011

Hachi

For all of my sister Richard Gere fans... And, for all of my readers who are animal lovers... You really really need to spend an evening with Hachi !  I'm doing so right now - but it isn't the first time I've seen this remarkable story.  When I was first introduced to it, a friend had rented it knowing that I was a Richard Gere fan.  Tonight, The Hallmark Channel has the good taste to add it to its lineup.  What a great way to spend a Saturday evening alone! 

Hachi is a remake of a 1987 film based on a true story about an Akita named Hatchiko and the professor who befriended him.  It is a dog story unlike any other I've ever seen.  The canine actor that plays Hachi is one of the most adorable pups I've seen in years.  And, the human actor who plays his friend is pretty easy on the eyes too!  This is probably the first Richard Gere movie that I've seen (and believe you me, I've seen them all!) where he takes second billing!  Don't get me wrong, his role is superb but Hachi steals the show and everyone's hearts!

To see the official trailer for the movie, click here  Hachi   .  But, a word of caution!  One glimpse and you'll be hooked! 

1 comment:

  1. I agree a wonderful movie/story.....and I also a Richard Gere fan :)

    ReplyDelete