Sunday, January 23, 2011

Unable to post yesterday

"Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean it's  useless."              ~   Thomas A. Edison   


I have always said that cars and computers are great -- as long as they do what I want, when I want/need them to do it!  But, when they can't meet my needs and expectations -- well, then I have almost no use for them.  In short I get very frustrated when something I was counting on fails me.  I suppose that the same is true of people -- when someone disappoints me by not following through, or "delivering" I get very frustrated too.
 
Well, last night, a post to this blog was just not meant to be.  I've been having lots of problems getting on the internet the past week or so.  But usually after repeated boots and re-boots, I manage to do so in time to post the daily entry on the blog.  This in and of itself has left me frustrated beyond belief.  I find myself mentally echoing my husband's favorite statement of frustration at non-functioning essentials:  "Piece of        
*&$%  !!"  But, alas, that does no good - it doesn't make me feel any better nor does it cause the computer to connet with the internet.  So.... what's the use?         

Then today I woke up and realized that all of these problems connecting to the internet began when I installed a new security/anti-virus program.  Ahh-haaa!  Could it be?  Only way to know is to uninstall the program which is exactly what I did first thing today.  And, poof!  Here I am on line  - first try!  YES!   No longer the "piece of *&$%"    that I called it last night, the first thing I did was check my e-mail's IN BOX.  And, lo and behold, there was the daily quote.  A quote from Thomas Edison:  "Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean it's useless."  

You are so right, Mr. Edison.  My laptop is not useless.  It just has times when it's not as cooperative as it could be... last night was one such time.  But now that I've diaganosed and corrected the problem, it is very useful, indeed!  Sorry, laptop - I apologize for calling you a not-so-nice-name last night.  Lesson learned.

1 comment:

  1. You made me smile--and I recognized myself in there too.

    ReplyDelete